210326 What I learned in my studies this morning

Darkness lifts slowly
Morning cat purrs and stretches. 
Time to make the day. 

Today's Meditation:
From The Daily Stoic: 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (Who watches the watchmen?)

There's more to me than my conscious mind.

I study philosophy, and Stoicism in particular, to help guide my life. I'm trying to make my life better. To do that, I must begin by learning to control my thoughts and emotions.

But that is just the first step.

The ten thousand things, from the psychological effects food and when I last ate to the time of day to unconscious memories offering their bias toward people and situations, influence how I behave without my realizing it.

If nothing else, I take medications which affect my personality.

Being a better person starts with thinking about my thoughts. It continues with exploring how my inner world interacts with my outer world. 

Comments