210404 What I learned in my studies this morning
Spring eggs hunted down.
Bunny nowhere to be found.
Happy family.
Today's Meditation:
A Calendar of Wisdom by Leo Tolstoy
How to Think Like a Roman Emperor by Donald Robertson, quote by Benedict Spinoza, On the Improvement of the Understanding, 4–5
From The Daily Stoic:
Don't believe the flatterers. Don't fall prey to those who would inflate your ego and use you to their own ends.
This so rarely happens to me it is both not a concern and a real problem.
It's not a concern in my daily life. For instance, at work I play an important role, but I'm not in a position to offer favors to others. People are generally nice to me, but no one ever has a need to butter me up.
On the other hand, when it does happen, I'm as susceptible to flattery as anyone else. It's unusual enough for me that I don't normally recognize it when it's happening. Only long after the fact, if ever, do I realize I've been manipulated.
Something to work on.
Comments
Post a Comment
Please note that I am not saying I agree or disagree with what is posted above. It is merely a recording of what I read this morning.