210408 What I learned in my studies this morning
Why daily haiku?
Mental and creative challenge
Born in the morning.
Today's Meditation:
Zen Flesh Zen Bones by Paul Reps and Nyogen Senzaki
Maybe I'll try my hand at Chinese poetry.
Notice this doesn't say "killing" is always a crime. Killing can be justified in defense of self and others. Murder cannot.
Jesus said to love one another. Even your enemies. It wasn't abstract love he meant, but real feeling toward fellow humans.
There's wisdom here.
From The Daily Stoic:
If I don't examine my conscious (and unconscious, so far as I am able) motivations, I won't discover which are false and lead me down the wrong path.
It's up to me to make sure I'm not accepting counterfeit thoughts.
From Six Easy Pieces, by Richard Feynman:
Chapter 2. Basic Physics: Nuclei and Particles
Rereading this section because I know I missed things yesterday.
Comments
Post a Comment
Please note that I am not saying I agree or disagree with what is posted above. It is merely a recording of what I read this morning.