210410 What I learned in my studies this morning
Short cat stretches long
Purring mind, mindful study.
Wise cat sleeps til noon.
Today's Meditation:
Let me not judge a situation on what I think I know, but on what I find to be the truth. Let me be gracious when I am in error.
Tolstoy has more faith in fate than I do.
From The Daily Stoic:
Nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. — Hamlet Act 2, Scene 2
It seems trite to me — a used up phrase, maybe because I've seen it so many times in my studies — but it isn't. It's a crucial, compact summary of a powerful way to find the better path through my life.
What happens happens. That's as plainly as I can say it. It's not a difficult idea. Then why do I forget it's import so damn often?
Why do I so often react to things before I've considered them? Before I've put aside my immediate emotions and looked to the facts at hand, minus distraction?
Comments
Post a Comment
Please note that I am not saying I agree or disagree with what is posted above. It is merely a recording of what I read this morning.