210503 What I learned in my studies this morning
After dark night, morning
Lighting day and land slowly.
Brings a chance to smile.
From The Daily Stoic:
Before I speak, am I sure it is necessary? Before I talk, am I confident what I want to say is worth saying? Before either of these, are my actions better explanations of my thoughts?
I must live my life so that explaining my philosophy is redundant to anyone paying attention.
Today's Meditation:
Marcus Aurelius lost a son. I have, too.
Trust me when I say that I Epictetus' advice is true. Knowing that any given day may be your last with your child makes you appreciate the days you have more intensely.
Hug your children. Now. And tell them you love them. And spend another 5 minutes just listening to them today or reading them an extra story at bedtime tonight. Take your time.
And you'll remember this day forever.
Comments
Post a Comment
Please note that I am not saying I agree or disagree with what is posted above. It is merely a recording of what I read this morning.