210507 What I learned in my studies this morning

Good springs forth within. 
My soul's joy like the sun's light. 
Peace in the morning. 

From The Daily Stoic: 

Internal good is the only good I can count on. If I want to have a good day, or a good life, that has to come from within. 

Today's Meditation:

A Calendar of Wisdom by Leo Tolstoy 

Again, I'm amazed at the synchronicity between the Stoic thought and the selections from Tolstoy today.

So many throughout history have discovered this idea. Maybe, just maybe, there's some truth to it.

If I find peace and virtue and knowledge and wisdom within myself, no one can take that from me: it is mine until the end of time no matter what the gods may send against me.

Finding my own path to enlightenment is a lesson I first began to understand after reading Siddhartha. While I may learn from others, only I can take that final step. No one can do it for me. No one can lead me to that final place. They can only point me in the right direction. 

Comments