210922 What I learned in my studies this morning

Playful ideas tease
Flying 'round my mind, whirling
Dancing, paying heed.
 
Daily Stoic:


How routinely am I challenged by circumstances and I take it personally?  Rather than rationally accepting reality as it is or looking for an opportunity in difficulty or telling myself ". . . so what?" and moving on, how often do I grow resentful and petulant and delay getting on with life so I can uselessly pout and let the whole world know that it hurt my feelings?

Too damned often.

It's one of those things I need to work on: eliminating (or at least minimizing) the time between when I become aware of a problem and when I let the immediate emotions pass through me so I can do the next right thing.

Today's Meditation:


Today's Meditation II:

"The unexamined life worth living."

A phrase I learned so, so long ago and am only now realizing its depth.


Today's Poem:

Samuel Taylor Coleridge, The Harlot's House in The Dramatic Review, April 11, 1885 (vol. 1, no. 11, p. 167)


Daily Shakespeare:


Comments