210927 What I learned in my studies this morning

Philosophy read
Sand, wind, weight, red skies, and dark.
Ideas embers lit.

Daily Stoic:


If I worry, if my soul takes that tack, it becomes a lens through which I will see the world.  Then I forget to take them off and they remain, coloring my life.

Backing up, worry can be good.  If done the right way, for the right reason, to the right extent, ended at the right time.  It's for immediate things to handle now, not for continual use about such and sundry and things beyond my control. 

Allowing fret to worry my mind infects my attitude and my outlook, shadows of ghosts of harms which will never come about.  It never stops. 

So I don't play that game.

Today's Meditation:


Today's Meditation II:

Boethius, Consolation of Philosophy 


Today's Meditation III:


"Weren't the only thing he said. Most time, a man will tell you his bad intentions if you listen, let yourself hear." ~ Charley Waite, Open Range 

Comments