210929 What I learned in my studies this morning

Voyager flying
We were on our way! Soaring
Through the dark. Shiny. 

Daily Stoic:


How much do I want? How much do I need? Why aren't they the same? 

If I lost all that I have, economically I'd be back where I was about 30 years ago. I would, however, have to factor in two important differences: 

1. I have a family to provide for now. 
2. I have experience far beyond what I had then. 

If I had to start over, I'd also have the support of friends and family (most of whom are better off now than they were 30 years ago, too). 

Even were those supports missing, I know I could survive. Probably not at my current level (for quite a while), but I could provide a roof and food. 

Christmas would be minimal, but who cares? The kids would survive. My spouse would survive. I would survive. 

From there, all things are possible. 

Today's Meditation:


Today's Meditation II:

Seneca, On a Happy Life 


Today's Poem:


Today's Coleridge:

Comments