211110 What I learned in my studies this morning
Hardly even here,
The last rays fall below Earth.
Good thing. She's my fave.
The history of the world, the history of humanity, is one of endless repetition.
The 24-hour news cycle tries to tell me "But this time it's difffffferrrrennnnnnt!" Sure it is. They want me outraged to push an agenda. I stopped watching the news probably 10 years ago and it has been wonderful.
If something is truly important, I hear about it through other channels: friends, family, somewhere online. If it isn't, I never spend one single erg of brainpower on it.
I stay calmer. (I don't get stressed about it.)
I stay kinder. (I don't learn to hate my neighbor.)
I ignore those who need be ignored. (I don't worry about what the assholes in the gov't are doing.)
"But but but . . . what about XYZ? And what if it's an immediate story that you need to know NOW?!?!?!" Hasn't happened in 10 years. What makes me think it will happen in the future?
The point is that I have actively decided to make my life better by losing the news. And that has made a world of difference.
Comments
Post a Comment
Please note that I am not saying I agree or disagree with what is posted above. It is merely a recording of what I read this morning.