220222 What I learned in my studies this morning 2

Tree fae visit us, 
Hiding their repast in trees.
Watch for the fruit. Bat! 

Daily Stoic:


Reminds me of one of my favorite sayings: Don't just do something! Stand there! 

I first heard this in politics. The speaker was exhorting his companion to refrain from acting, despite brod pressure to act, so as to prove he was "a capable leader, someone who takes charges and gets things done" yadda yadda yadda. 

In politics, on of the first rules is that if there's a crisis (or even a minor "emergency") you have to be seen to be "taking swift action" so people know you are a Leader. 

The problem is that initial reactions are so damned often wrong. Not only wrong, but seriously detrimental to whatever real workable solution comes up later. 

So, let this be my lesson today: Don't just do something! Stand there! 

Today's Meditation:


Today's Meditation II:


Today's Meditation III:

Comments