220504 What I learned in my studies this morning 2
Don't call me cowboy.
Don't learn to rope and to ride.
Do call Miss Kitty.
Daily Stoic:
My kids, seemingly, don't think it's strange that dad talks with them about virtue all the time. Even though my interest in Stoicism (and, to a lesser extent, Buddhism) has only rekindled into serious pursuit in the past few years, I have been a philosopher for many years.
Daily Stoic:
My kids, seemingly, don't think it's strange that dad talks with them about virtue all the time. Even though my interest in Stoicism (and, to a lesser extent, Buddhism) has only rekindled into serious pursuit in the past few years, I have been a philosopher for many years.
I have two degrees in philosophy, but that doesn't make me a philosopher. What makes me a philosopher is that I've seriously considered, studied, and tried to live within an examined creed since I first started 30 years ago. That creed has evolved over time as I've learned more, experienced more, and loved more.
I'm glad my kids know this side of me. And I hope that, in this at least, they emulate their dear old dad.
Today's Meditation:
Today's Meditation II:
Today's Music:
Ellen's Gesang III (Ave Maria), D. 839, Op. 52 by Franz Schubert
Daily Shakespeare:
Today's Meditation II:
Today's Music:
Ellen's Gesang III (Ave Maria), D. 839, Op. 52 by Franz Schubert
Daily Shakespeare:
Two Gentlemen of Verona, Act 1 Scene 1
Comments
Post a Comment
Please note that I am not saying I agree or disagree with what is posted above. It is merely a recording of what I read this morning.