220627 What I learned in my studies this morning 2

Brisket's better now, 
A food ripens to harvest, 
Three days was enough. 

Daily Stoic:


About 6 weeks ago, I crunched my car into the gate on our driveway. A slow crash caused by optical illusion and improper attention, I knew it would cost quite a bit to fix. 

Did I curse? No. Did I complain? No. Did I rant and rave and take it out on those nearby? No. 

My reaction would not change the situation. Reality was that I fucked up and it was going to cost me time and several thousand dollars to fix it. What my reasoned action, on the other hand, could do is turn this into a teaching situation for my kids (and myself). 

So that's what I did. I acted calmly and rationally and made the best I could of it.  A far cry from how I'd have reacted even just a year or so ago. 

Today's Meditation:


Today's Meditation II:


Today's Meditation III:


Today's Music:

Bring us, O Lord God by William Henry Harris (1883-1973)

Daily Shakespeare:

Othello, Act 2 Scene 1

Comments