220630 What I learned in my studies this morning 2

Two paths diverged in
A woods of lost, hidden ways. 
Still, I find an end. 

Daily Stoic:


The reason people misunderstand this idea, I think, is that they think it will always mean you are still able to achieve your initial goal. That's not what Marcus and the other Stoics are trying to teach here. 

While I may often be able to adapt and still accomplish what I set out to do, it is at least equally likely that I will need to shift my aim to a different goal. 

If my plane is delayed, arriving on time is likely unachievable. Since reality seldom breaks physics in my favor, I may need to reconceive it as a chance to think it through and find the best possible outcome to a suboptimal situation. 

I could also switch my goal to practicing patience and acceptance of circumstances, cultivating these aspects of virtue. 

It's about mindset and flexibility, not about always reaching the same finish line. 

Today's Meditation:


Today's Meditation II:


Today's Music:

Song of June by Jonathan Harvey 

Daily Shakespeare:

Sonnet 94

Comments