230113 What I learned in my studies this morning 3

Maybe I'll float high,
Me, in the infinite sky.
Finding meaning there. 

Thoughts:

I watched a documentary recently with my wife called a trip to infinity (sic).  A really interesting show. 

One of the physicists interviewed was talking about whether or not the idea of infinity (specifically infinite time and infinite space) makes him feel insignificant.  His answer?

"Nothing is permanent in that sense. And to my mind, that's freeing. It frees us from this focus on The Permanent as where value ultimately resides to a focus on the brief moment that we have in which we can understand things and create beauty and experience wonder, regardless of how fleeting that experience may be."

I like that. It's a great expression of how I feel about my time here. Brief, but all the more precious for that brevity. 

Today's Meditation:


Today's Music:

Three Romances, op. 22, 1: Andante molto (to 2:55) by Clara Schumann 

Comments