230125 What I learned in my studies this morning 3

My luve is like a . . .
Kiss for me in the morning,
Like she did today.

Thoughts:

If I let my desires run free, I find myself with an ever-widening vista of Things I Neeeeeeed . . . especially in these days of omnipresent, targeted advertising.

Jump on Amazon to buy one thing . . . and here's 12 things I've searched for recently, some of which I may still need / want.  So easy to just add it to the cart and get that hit of dopamine two days later when the Shiny New Thing arrives.

And, post-retail therapy-coitus, strangely, my unease and mood and demeanor aren't magically switched to Happy now that I have the SNT. . . .

It's almost as if buying stuff isn't the cure for my malaise.  Who knew?

The Stoics and Buddha and Hinduism and many others agree: desire leads to pain.  Limit or eliminate my desires, and everything takes its proper place.

Today's Meditation:


Today's Meditation II:


Today's Meditation II:


Today's Music:

My Luve Is Like a Red Red Rose, Traditional (words by Robert Burns)

O my Luve is like a red, red rose
That’s newly sprung in June;
O my Luve is like the melody
That’s sweetly played in tune.

So fair art thou, my bonnie lass,
So deep in luve am I;
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
Till a’ the seas gang dry.

Till a’ the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt wi’ the sun;
I will love thee still, my dear,
While the sands o’ life shall run.

And fare thee weel, my only luve!
And fare thee weel awhile!
And I will come again, my luve,
Though it were ten thousand mile.

Comments