230528 What I learned in my studies this morning 3
Birds chirping in trees
Care nothing for our problems.
There's a lesson there.
Thoughts:
1. Stay calm.
2. Do the right thing.
Marcus's simple rubric for how to make decisions. (Meditations, 8.5)
Think about the situation. Strip away my biases and preconceptions. Distance myself from the emotive aspects and try to see just the facts. By evaluating things calmly and rationally, I give myself the best chance to judge things as they are rather than as I fear, or wish, them to be. Accuracy counts more than speed. Get it right through patience and clarity.
Focus on virtue. Weigh the moral costs first and, all other things being equal, then consider practical effects. Preserving and improving my character trumps all else. Helping others follows. Kindness counts. Matters of taste and preference and practicality fall last.
Today's Meditation:
Today's Meditation II:
Today's Meditation III:
Comments
Post a Comment
Please note that I am not saying I agree or disagree with what is posted above. It is merely a recording of what I read this morning.