230824 What I learned in my studies this morning 3

Forever freeing waves
Across gilded field lay sun's
Shadow-sundered rays!

Today's Meditation:


Today's Meditation II:

Today's Meditation III:


Today's Meditation IV:


Thoughts:

Truth is mine. 

[My favorite version of Seneca's "Whatever is true, is my own." (12.11)]

That's why you will see a variety of sources in the 'Meditations' sections of my daily posts. Why on Earth would I forgo some bit of wisdom just because a non-Stoic sage said it?  I'm not a philosophical purist.

Even the Stoics knew no one could ever know everything, no one can actually be a Stoic Sage. We all strive to be the best we can. If someone who is otherwise a freaking nutball happens to say something that is distilled, purified, crystallized, gospel truth . . . you're damn right I'm going to take it and make it my own.

I can still think the rest of the person's bullshit is bullshit while marveling at the single profound truth they gave us.

Comments