230831 What I learned in my studies this morning 3

But whyyyyyyy? I wannaaaaa!
Hush, child. Quiet. Be still now.
You're soon blessed enough.

Today's Meditation(s):


Thoughts:

But it's so easily hurt, right? My ego? Too easy for someone to break me with an unkind word or sharp feeling. To react in ways unbecoming. To over commit to folly because I 'gotta get em back!' or 'teach them a lesson!'

Wait. I thought Stoicism was supposed to fix me, to cure me of such idiocy. Well, that then becomes a tale of reality v hopes and dreams.

I know I'm better than I was when I was young. My temper got me in trouble too often, though usually minor (and the cops rarely got involved). But that doesn't mean I'm yet immune to a bruised self-image. Or that I always manage not to use my ill-chosen words at just the wrong time.

However, the more I practice, the more often I'll get it right.

Time to be better.

======

As for the second part, I am highly educated, but it's not been until the past few years that I started integrating the rest of my world into what I 'know.'  And I'm all the poorer for my hesitation.

Comments