231103 What I learned in my studies this morning 3
Booked. Done. Set in stone.
As my pursuit of virtue
Should forever be.
As my pursuit of virtue
Should forever be.
Today's Meditation(s):
I have to remind myself of this all the time: my behavior should be utterly independent from anyone else's.
Are they rude? I must be kind.
Are they in a hurry? I must be understanding.
Are they taking their time? I must be patient.
I can lose my temper, sure, but what purpose does that serve? Certainly not mine, not Nature's.
My duty is to be a good person regardless of what others do. If I base my actions on theirs, if I revert to tit-for-tat or act poorly just because they have, I harm myself, not them. How dumb is that?
Time to be better.

Comments
Post a Comment
Please note that I am not saying I agree or disagree with what is posted above. It is merely a recording of what I read this morning.