231124 What I learned in my studies this morning 4

I'd like to explain
It so he would understand.
He's too confused now.

Reason (from Nature
and Nature's Law) command fled.
Even luck's grasp slipp'd.

Today's Meditation(s):



'Treat others as yourself.'

Up until know, when I've thought about this version of the Golden Rule, it's been about doing the things I like, and avoiding things I don't like, when dealing with others. But it's really so much more than that.

It's not about just being fair to my neighbor. Or being less than hostile if true friendliness is not available.

It's about replacing myself with my neighbor as the central focus of my concern.

That's why it's so hard, why it seems only saviors and saints, buddhas and bodhisattvas, ever achieve it.

But let me think only that it's something I can do, that it is possible, that I can always work to be closer to that goal and make progress.

That, at least, is within the purview of my reason, provided by Nature.

Comments