240313 What I learned in my studies this morning 4

Today's Meditation(s):


Everything is a trade off. If I want something, say, to see a favorite artist play live, I must necessarily give up doing anything else during the concert. I can't both have dinner with my family and tuck in the kids. Or watch the hockey game on my TV. Or listen to an audiobook. Or talk on the phone.  Etc.

And that's just what's lost because my attempts at duolocation have (to date) been unsuccessful. There's also the 'lost' money and the time of my life that money represents.

Trade-offs also come as favors for behaviors. If I toady to the right person, they'll treat me well.  I can't complain about not being 'treated well' if I didn't show sufficient deference in the first place. If I refuse to pay the piper, I cannot call a tune.

('But how often are offers tendered?' ya mook.)

Comments