260803 What I learned in my studies this morning 6
Today's Meditation:
The Tower of Life: Letters from a Stoic to his Son by Mihail Yonkov, 1
Mihail is writing to his son about building his character over the course of his life. Laying foundations. Building structures. Tearing down the same to build new upon it.
The metaphor is about how Rome sits atop the ruins of millenia of discarded, destroyed, or simply forgotten older buildings. Each layer becoming the foundation of the next. And how, via the metaphor, the layers below are made of the memories and experiences the son collects on his way through life.
Keep building. Build the best you can each time, hopefully better than the last.
Comments
Post a Comment
Please note that I am not saying I agree or disagree with what is posted above. It is merely a recording of what I read this morning.