260824 What I learned in my studies this morning 6*
Today's Meditation:
The Pocket Stoic by John Sellars, p. 49
Welcoming adversity is still beyond me. I haven't reached that level yet in my Stoic training.
I can grasp intellectually the benefits of hardship, understanding that, if it's going to happen, if life is going to be this way, I might as well get something from this trial. Whether it's practice using Stoic virtues (or lesser virtues like patience or empathy) or finding the lesson life is trying to teach me (even if that lesson is 'stop being a dumbass'), I can profit from this situation.
I keep thinking about the old saw of 'when you're going through hell, keep going!' Stopping will only prolong the suck.
Parallel to that, if I have to experience troubles, find a way to gain from them. It would be truly unfortunate to endure such without gaining anything at all.
Comments
Post a Comment
Please note that I am not saying I agree or disagree with what is posted above. It is merely a recording of what I read this morning.