260903 What I learned in my studies this morning 6
Today's Meditation:
The Pocket Thich Nhat Hanh (ed. by Melvin McLeod), Habit Energy
I drive to work on autopilot.
I go through the motions there.
I eat dinner with my family and don't notice save in the most banal of ways.
I listen to an audiobook and find myself listening again because I didn't hear it the first time.
But I have experienced these things. I know I can; it's a matter of focus, or, at least, of non-distraction.
So let me challenge myself to being 100% present, 100% mindful during my activity. Can I do that all the time? Make it through a single occurrence without my wandering mind planning the future or remembering or regretting the past?
Probably not.
But with time, we'll see. And I can, along my journey, create more of those moments when I am present, here now.
Comments
Post a Comment
Please note that I am not saying I agree or disagree with what is posted above. It is merely a recording of what I read this morning.