260927 What I learned in my studies this morning 6*
Today's Meditation:
The Enchiridion (trans. Robert Dobbin), 12.2
Premeditatio Malorum. Consider what evil may come.
Foretell it.
Foresee it.
Imagine it.
Pre-live it.
Expect it.
Accept it.
Even small things that seem barely worth a thought upset me all too often. Not a big upset. But still noticable. I snap at my family. I feel like hitting a wall (but don't). I yell at someone in another car or flip them the bird.
But why? Why sell my peace so cheaply? Why impose my impatience on my family? Or influence someone else's life negatively because I'm acting like a child who cannot hold his temper?
I should be better than that.
Comments
Post a Comment
Please note that I am not saying I agree or disagree with what is posted above. It is merely a recording of what I read this morning.