261004 What I learned in my studies this morning 6*
Today's Meditation:
When my friend of 45 years tells me I'm being an asshole, I should listen.
So last night I did serious harm to my oldest friendship. I just wish I'd known in time to do something about it.
I'm still not 100% sure what I did, but it must have been building for a while now. Then last night was the proverbial straw.
The hardest part right now is waiting. He said he needed space so I'm respecting that. But I've so much to say, to appeal.
Things to defend my actions, though I don't know what actions and defense is the worst thing I could do.
Now is the time for reflecting on our history and relationship. Not to defend myself but to figure out where I've gone wrong and what I can do to make it up to him.
Listening to him, examining my behavior, and accepting I'm wrong, without attempts to deflect or lessen the blame, is the right course.
Now to do that and then wait until I'm allowed to show how I can be, am, a better friend.
Comments
Post a Comment
Please note that I am not saying I agree or disagree with what is posted above. It is merely a recording of what I read this morning.