210706 What I learned in my studies this morning

Feeling good today
I sprang to my feet to see
Coffee not yet made . . .

Daily Stoic:


Good night, last night.  Slept well, which was nice.  Happened to wake at the right part of my sleep cycle this morning, so it was easy to get up.  But I've known days that didn't go this way.

Late night; illness; insomnia; kids needing something in the middle of the night . . . the myriad things which interrupt my sleep all too often.  These are the things which make my mornings tough sometimes.

But that's ok.  I signed up for this.  I chose this.  What is a sleepy morning compared to my child?  Or my health?  Or my spouse?  Or my duty?

I have stuff to do.  Get out of my way.

Today's Meditation:

From A Calendar of Wisdom by Leo Tolstoy

Mediation II:


About Nasreddin Hodja

Nasreddin Hodja is Turkey's (and perhaps all of Islam's) best-known trickster. His legendary wit and droll trickery were possibly based on the exploits and words of a historical imam. Nasreddin reputedly was born in 1208 in the village of Horto near Sivrihisar. In 1237 he moved to Aksehir, where he died in the Islamic year 683 (1284 or 1285). As many as 350 anecdotes have been attributed to the Hodja, as he most often is called. Hodja is a title meaning teacher or scholar.

Daily Shakespeare:

Comments