210709 What I learned in my studies this morning
Well, it's been a week.
Practicing my Stoic calm
Has been a challenge.
This applies to leaders of whatever stripe. In my case, I lead my family. That's as far as it goes. Why? Because I deliberately do NOT want to lead anyone else.
Daily Stoic:
Aside from being an introvert at heart (though I can put on my extrovert clown suit and perform if I must), I genuinely want to leave other people alone.
If someone else is peacefully living their life, even a life I disagree with and would not choose for myself, then I have, should have, no say in what they do. It's their life; so long as they are not harming others, they can do as they please.
I desire the same from others: if I am being peaceful, neither harming or encroaching upon the lives nor property of others, then I expect them to stay the hell out of my business.
I have, and expect others do too, trouble enough directing my own life. Why on Earth would I want to take on the onus of managing other people's lives as well?
The fact that I am beset on all sides by orders from "authorities" which involve people placing burdens upon me, using the force of gov't to coerce me into acting in ways I would not choose, is a constant source of Stoic practice for me.
Today's Meditation:
Daily Shakespeare:



Comments
Post a Comment
Please note that I am not saying I agree or disagree with what is posted above. It is merely a recording of what I read this morning.