211113 What I learned in my studies this morning

Buzzing in my ears
Las moscas me molesta
So what? I ignore sounds.*
 
Daily Stoic:


The Roman emperor cautioned himself against complaining, in public or private. 

The Roman emperor, the most powerful man in the world, cautioned himself against complaining, in public or private

And yet I whine about picayune follies me pica

Time to be better. 

Today's Meditation:


Today's Pirsig:


Cf... 

-----
Daily Shakespeare:

The Tempest | Act 3 Scene 2

---------

* I remember a video from long ago of an interview with an Australian aborigine. As they talked, many flies buzzed around his head.  He paid them no mind.

The interviewer asked if he was bothered by them. He answered by telling about a visit he took to NYC. 

"All around me, constantly, was noise. A never ending sound which invaded every moment of the day. How can you stand it?"

Interviewer: "We don't notice it. It's always been there, part of our whole lives."

Aborigine: ....

Comments