220505 What I learned in my studies this morning 2
Publishing prima
Churly in the starry night.
Not even my mind, as a whole, is completely tied to my will. Hormones, food, drugs, etc. all play important roles in how my brain works (or doesn't work). What my immediate reactions are to stimuli changes depending on what's in my system at the moment.
That said, my considered reflection, my purposeful decision as to how to direct my behavior is always within my control. I may choose to bypass this action in favor of a reaction, but that is a choice. At any moment, I have the power to delay responding or deciding until I have gathered my wits about me and made sure I am acting in accordance with nature.
This is my raw material.
Today's Meditation:
Today's Meditation II:
Today's Music:
The Yellow Cake Review, 3: Farewell to Stromness by Sir Peter Maxwell Davies
Today's Meditation:
Today's Meditation II:
Today's Music:
The Yellow Cake Review, 3: Farewell to Stromness by Sir Peter Maxwell Davies
Comments
Post a Comment
Please note that I am not saying I agree or disagree with what is posted above. It is merely a recording of what I read this morning.