231104 What I learned in my studies this morning 3
Calm. Still. Clear. Light. Mute.
Plan. Wait. Poised. Paused. Cool. Hushed. Wait.
Plan. Wait. Poised. Paused. Cool. Hushed. Wait.
Then I screw it up.
Today's Meditation(s):
I teach my children: which will be more likely to bring about the result you seek? Reacting in a sudden passion or acting with deliberate reason?
They have known the right answer since they were just kids.
And today I failed: I got into an argument and didn't keep my calm.
I should have disengaged sooner. I should have left the area. I should have remembered my principles. I didn't.
Instead, I ended up back in the disagreement and failed to control myself. I reacted poorly, escalated things, and regretted it even as I said the wrong things.
I need to be better.
Comments
Post a Comment
Please note that I am not saying I agree or disagree with what is posted above. It is merely a recording of what I read this morning.